|On Thanksgiving Day, 1894, this stone mounument was erected to mark the original location of the Dutch Buffalo Creek Meeting House in 1745. The view is to the north overlooking the Dutch Buffalo Creek valley. A few yards to the South West, the chest deep remnants of the "Great Road" testify to the many faithful journeys taking along its path. |
The road continued down the hill a few hundred yards north to the pre 1764 Jacob Smith mill seat on Dutch Buffalo Creek which was purchased from Jonh Lince (Lentz ?) by John Paul Barringer in 1774.